Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chips My Eye!

So here I am writing a paper for my nursing class on Transcultural Nursing Theory, meanwhile talking to my friend Fredrik from Sweden, as long as listening to my stomach growl from prolonged hunger. So! What do you know, I decided that since I was in such a cultural mood I'd try making something a little more cultural for dinner. Chips My Eye was one of my favorite things to eat in Africa, possibly just because the name is so fun, but also because its absolutely delicious!

So here's how you do it:
Ingredients:

  • 2 Eggs
  • 5-6 French Fries (Chips)
Directions:

  1. Bake the Chips (This can be done by either buying store bought frozen fries and cooking them in the oven, or cutting up your own potatoes and deep frying them) After done baking, keep in the oven or reheat in the microwave to keep warm.
  2. Whisk the eggs.
  3. Preheat the skillet on medium high.
  4. Place the chips in the skillet, and pour the eggs on top (spreading the eggs evening across the chips is preferable, although for the most part they even out themselves).
  5. When the bottom half of the "omelet" is cooked, flip over and cook on the other side until cooked thoroughly.  
  6. Remove from pan when cooked thoroughly and serve with salt, pepper, and ketchup. 

So easy right?! I was so proud of myself and felt like I was right there back in the Glacier bar in Africa, eating them with all my friends. It's so filling, and delicious! I totally recommend you try it. Good luck!!

1 comment: