Friday, February 11, 2011

{siku kumi na moja}

{day eleven}


here are the pictures of my many purchases from wednesday's adventures! 

 gloves, and ice packs...
 bandaids, gauze, tape....
 aspirin, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment, tape, scissors, tweezers...
one of my all time favorite books life of pi to take with me to africa, along with my new leather journal to document the entire thing! only 16 more days!!


did you know?

The United Republic of Tanzania is a unitary republic composed of 26 mikoa (regions). The head of state is President Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete, elected in 2005. Since 1996, the official capital of Tanzania has been Dodoma, where parliament and some government offices are located. Between independence and 1996, the major coastal city of Dar es Salaam served as the country's political capital. Today, Dar es Salaam remains the principal commercial city of Tanzania and the de-facto seat of most government institutions. It is the major seaport for the country and its landlocked neighbours.
The name Tanzania derives from the names of the two states Tanganyika and Zanzibar that united in 1964 to form the United Republic of Tanganyika and Zanzibar, which later the same year was renamed the United Republic of Tanzania.[8]

2 comments:

  1. Good call on the mosquito repellent, Kels! I'm sure you'll put it to good use! And I should get ME some of that no-itch stuff for mosquito bites. I got a lot here in PA last summer, and I hate.hate.hate. bug bites. Mostly because I am a wimp. How exciting that you are leaving so soon! How long are you staying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm staying for 65 days total including travel time!

    ReplyDelete