Monday, February 7, 2011

{siku saba}

{day seven}

only 20 days left! can you believe it? today i had the fun task of deflating eleven soccer balls. you'd think it wouldn't be that hard, but lets think about this. do i play soccer? not really...have i ever deflated a soccer ball? no. luckily it didn't take me too long to figure out the tricks, and an hour later, i fit eleven soccer balls into my suitcase.
this morning i also had the wonderful pleasure of going in for a check-up with my dentist before i left so that everything was set to go and he was so amazing and donated tons of toothpaste and toothbrushes.

later today my sister, karianne was bringing out her creative side and wanted to make a fun sign and so i decided to join her. this is what i came up with! what do you think??

did you know?
tanzania is slightly larger than twice the size of california? and because tanzania lies below the equator, the coolest months occur during our summer, and all-year round the weather remains pleasant and comfortable. from december to march the days are hot and sunny with often not a cloud in the sky. clear sunny days are the norm in the northern highlands and the heat of mid-day is tempered by the golden light in the late afternoon and the especially striking sunsets. tanzania's eqautorial climate brings tow seasons of rain each year: the masika, or the long rains that fall from mid-march to the end of my {right when i'll be there!} and the mvuli, or the short rains, that come intermittently throughout november and parts of december.

1 comment:

  1. I love the sunset image. I'd very much like to use it in a website I am doing (for free)for a Tanzanian mountain guide who needs the publicity. Could I use this image on the website? It would be a great contribution to a worthy cause. Please contact me on kate@oxvista.com

    ReplyDelete