Thursday, February 3, 2011

{siku tatu}

{day three}

four shots, 1 prescription, and two very sore arms later, i am fully immunized for my expedition to africa! yesterday i received my typhoid, polio, yellow fever and flu shots, and got my malaria pills so that i am fully set and ready for anything that comes my way while i'm in africa.
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Immunizations 
Makes a Happier You
after my wonderful trip to the doctors office, i had an even greater trip to ROSS. thanks to many donations i was able to get 10 soccer balls to bring over to africa with me! while i was emailing the host of the hostel, she told me one of the main things needed was soccer balls. the kids of africa {love} soccer, they kick everything around, give them a baseball, they try to play soccer. so! i decided that since i found such a great buy, i'd get as many as i could. 
the lady at the store looked at me funny as i unloaded 10 soccer balls on to the counter and questioned, "you like soccer, huh?" i could tell she was a bit perplexed. i explained to her my adventure to africa and she asked whether i was from africa or just visit. i sure wish i was from africa!
did you know?
     Africa is home to 34 of the world’s 48 poorest countries. The average income (excluding South Africa) is only US$ 342 per person and more than 40 percent of the people in Sub-Saharan Africa live on less than US$ 1 dollar a day. Some progress has been made with South, East and West African countries experiencing their strongest growth in more than 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment